December 5, 2012

You are NOT a Super (Cam) Model


   A typical day for me includes researching cam modeling related news, answering e-mails from cam girls, writing blogs here on HowToCamGirl.com, working on my next e-mail marketing piece or video for YouTube, checking in with my followers on Twitter, creating new cam girl classroom lessons along with all the responsibilities of being a mom. Today, I forced myself to rest. After I sent my son to school, I went back to bed and slept until noon. When I woke up, my first inclination was to get to work on everything I had neglected to do. I felt guilty for being so "lazy". Then I remembered a video I posted a few weeks ago and knew that I needed to practice what I preach and RELAX.

Battling Burn Out: Cam Girl Edition

Taking a day for ourselves is part of good self care and an exercise of self love. As I highlighted in yesterday's blog, I'm just as much a multi-tasking junkie as many of you are and so I understand feeling like you should be doing more, and like you have to cram as much activity as possible into every hour of the day. Well, I'm here to tell you (and myself) that the "to do" list will still be there when you wake up. It's not going anywhere.  If our cups are empty, it will be impossible for us to perform at our optimal level and that is a lose-lose situation for everyone. 

So to any other cam girls that are feeling like I was: achy, fatigued, irritable, overwhelmed, over-worked or just plain could use a day off. I'm encouraging you and giving you permission to take it. Writing this blog is about the most work I've done today and I'm okay with that because I already feel much more refreshed and my mind clutter is starting to clear. Who knows, maybe I'll take the rest of the week off....yeah right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment